Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Family

I haven't been completely honest. Or at least, open about something.

I'm not a normal Lonely Hearts agent. To be honest, I'm one of the more privileged agents in the organization. This is probably understandable, considering I'm the oldest grandson of the founder of the organization, Thomas Rivers. My father is the current leader of the organization.

I don't want to... misrepresent me in any way, though. I want to make it clear, I'm not some rich trust fund kid that coasts on the organization. I joined the organization on as equal footing as anyone else who joined does. And I wasn't raised in some mansion growing up. In fact, my father disowned my mother and my three brothers and we grew up in a broken home for most our lives.

I'm a bit sore about that.

I do have to stress that, though I may have earned my position in the organization fair and square, that I do recognize that overall I am more advantaged than the average agent. I wish I could do something about that. I wish I wasn't a Rivers boy, I really do.

I don't own any part of the organization currently. I am unsure of how that all legally works out, actually. And I don't really care. I have no desire to someday lead.

I only want to save people, and fight Fears. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment